Welcome to Hawken Project!

This blog is where you will be sharing your thoughts, ideas, impressions etc. about your Project experience. What you should do: 1. post a substantial blog three times a week (minimum 200 words on Monday, Wednesday, & Friday). 2. Respond thoughtfully to another post on this site (one minimum per week). If you are working as part of a group, each of you is expected to contribute individually and regularly to this blog. Happy blogging and happy Project experience to all of you!

Thursday, June 5, 2014

05-23-14, Cleveland Research

Over the past few days I have been finalizing my list of resources. It has been hard because there aren’t many resources out there that can provide you with data on any city/county. I finally feel that I have a solid list, and informed Hrishue. He told me that he wanted me to use the resources I organized to run a report on the city of Cleveland. I spent the next day or so going through all my sources and collecting data about a variety of things from Cleveland’s economy, to entrepreneurial activity.  I showed Hrishue an overview of what data I collected so far, and he responded to my findings with an interesting point. He explained how I can’t just show a bunch of data, but I actually need to write a statement about whether this data is good or bad and what it means. I went back and worked on the report, and used the data to make arguments and points about the city of Cleveland. It was interesting to collect all this data from the city I live in. I found myself getting distracted, and exploring random statistics that were extremely interesting but not necessarily relevant to the report. 

No comments:

Post a Comment