Welcome to Hawken Project!

This blog is where you will be sharing your thoughts, ideas, impressions etc. about your Project experience. What you should do: 1. post a substantial blog three times a week (minimum 200 words on Monday, Wednesday, & Friday). 2. Respond thoughtfully to another post on this site (one minimum per week). If you are working as part of a group, each of you is expected to contribute individually and regularly to this blog. Happy blogging and happy Project experience to all of you!

Thursday, June 5, 2014

05-26-14, Hawken connections everywhere

Today an email was sent out to all the Jumpstart employees about someone new joining the company. He had just recently graduated Dartmouth and today was his first day at the office. At one point throughout the day I walked past his cubical but was shy about introducing myself. As an intern, I didn’t really think it would mean anything to introduce myself since I would be gone in a week.  Later on that day, he was in Hrishue’s office and I was called in to meet him. His name is Matt and it turns out he graduated from Hawken just a few years ago! He was very nice and it was exciting to have someone I could easily relate with. It’s crazy how small of a world it is. I felt stupid for being hesitant about introducing myself. I’ve begun to realize that the more coworkers I get to know, the more fun I’m having. During my first week when I didn’t know anybody I was extremely bored, but now that I’m beginning to know everyone the days are a lot more enjoyable. It’s starting to feel like school when I walk in the hallway and say hi to acquaintances I pass by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment