Welcome to Hawken Project!

This blog is where you will be sharing your thoughts, ideas, impressions etc. about your Project experience. What you should do: 1. post a substantial blog three times a week (minimum 200 words on Monday, Wednesday, & Friday). 2. Respond thoughtfully to another post on this site (one minimum per week). If you are working as part of a group, each of you is expected to contribute individually and regularly to this blog. Happy blogging and happy Project experience to all of you!

Thursday, June 5, 2014

06-04-14, Bittersweet

I woke up both excited and sad that it was my last day of project. I wrote cards to Hrishue, Kate and Erin, and then picked up three macaroons for each of them from a bakery in university circle on my way to Jumpstart. Today they wanted me to present what I found from the Cleveland report. I spent the morning turning my report into a power point. Then I presented what I found to Hrishue, Kate, Erin, Kevin and Matt. I presented them all my findings and got some good feedback, they said the only thing I could improve on was including a stronger “so what?” some of my statistics. Overall from my Cleveland report, the main takeaway that I had was that Cleveland is a city losing its younger population, but is also a city that has a lot of resources to take advantage of. This could be a good thing, because someone here really can make themselves a big fish in a small pond. At the same time it is a bad thing because the pond here might be too small. All the people that listened to my presentation are young themselves, so after we had almost an hour long discussion of why young people are leaving Cleveland, and my young coworkers shared what  brought them back to the city. 

No comments:

Post a Comment