Welcome to Hawken Project!

This blog is where you will be sharing your thoughts, ideas, impressions etc. about your Project experience. What you should do: 1. post a substantial blog three times a week (minimum 200 words on Monday, Wednesday, & Friday). 2. Respond thoughtfully to another post on this site (one minimum per week). If you are working as part of a group, each of you is expected to contribute individually and regularly to this blog. Happy blogging and happy Project experience to all of you!

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

The Final Product


We have just finished up editing. I have exported the final edit so that I stop messing around with it. Otherwise I would stay up each night and never be satisfied. Joey told me to just export and save it and to stop editing it. It is done and we have our final documentary. It is a solid 10 minutes. I believe during that time our film successfully educates and entertains very well. You wont get bored. Our information is cut down to the basics and ended up very interesting. I am extremely happy that we finished successfully. I believe on Friday, when you guys get to see it, it should be very fun to watch. We used elements that we learned, we incorporated them throughout and hopefully they flow smoothly and work well with what their goals are: holding your attention and being very educational about how documentaries work. Focusing on only four or five documentaries was essential to keep everything simple and easy to follow. One issue I have was that we did not have a great microphone. This is a problem because it makes the narration scratchy and inconsistent, which is not ideal, we made the best with what we had and I am not too upset with that happening.

1 comment:

  1. I'm happy to see that you guys followed through with this. I'm not going to say that I've been following you and Joey extensively through this whole process, but I will say that I 've noticed how you guys have really grown attached to this project and owned it. I think it's great that you guys feel so proud and confident of your final product. I can't wait to see it (or hear about it tomorrow) depending on how the presentations are organized, I'm not sure. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete